144 Main Street
On Saturday, September 24, 2022, at precisely 3PM EST, Armsby Abbey will join 84 other hand-picked establishments from around the world in a worldwide simultap of Cantillon Zwanze 2022!
Arguably the most anticipated release in the world of beer, Zwanze is ONLY available on tap at select locations worldwide. We at Armsby Abbey are elated to again be hand-picked by Cantillon’s Jean van Roy for the 11th year as one of only 29 locations in the USA to pour Zwanze 2022.
“Zwanze 2022 is a two-year-old Lambic blend with black pepper. For this year’s beer, we worked with Sandrine from Misao: La Maison des Poivres here in Brussels. Sandrine had us try various types of Congolese pepper, and we eventually decided on one called poivre de Gorilles. This pepper grows wild in the forests of the Republic of the Congo. Aromatic, but not too spicy, it blends beautifully with the refreshing acidity of our Lambic. The result is a beer that will pair marvelously with meat or fish. The name poivre de Gorilles comes from the area where it grows, in Likouala Forest, located in the northeastern region of the Republic of the Congo. This forest is home to a significant population of Lowland gorillas – a species in danger of extinction. That’s why we’ll be donating a portion of the profits from the event to Gorilla (https://www.gorilla.fr/), an organization which works to protect these Great Apes.”
What you can expect from Zwanze Day at Armsby Abbey this year:
- This year we are NOT selling tickets. I repeat we are NOT selling tickets. Read on…
- Doors open at 9am on this day for a Cantillon inspired brunch which will be served from 9am-3pm. Thereafter, please be advised the kitchen will be closed from 3-4pm to reset for dinner service.
- We will be tapping Cantillon Magic Lambic, Cuvee Saint Gilloise, Sang Bleu, Vigneronne, Saint Lamvinus, Kriek, Rose de Gambrinus, & Zwanze 2022, plus an assortment of other rarities and a very exciting bottle list too (quantities will be limited). Full details to be unveiled soon.
- Cantillon Zwanze “Gorilles” will NOT be tapped until 3PM EST.
- ALL tables will be reserved on a first come first served basis via RESY . For larger parties of 8-10pp, space is limited and you will need to call Armsby Abbey at 508-795-1012. Larger tables are not available online. If you have mobility issues or back problems, please note this on your reservation. Low tables and backed seating are very limited.
- When making your reservation, please make sure to enter “ZWANZE” in the comments so we know who the beer aficionados are in attendance.
- Table limits will be strictly enforced on this day due to the immense amount of events outside of Zwanze happening in downtown Worcester. Therefore, if your primary desire is a pour of Zwanze, you will need to make a reservation at 1:30pm, 2pm, or 2:30pm based on the following table limits:
- 1-3 guests per table (1.5 hour) limit
- 4-6 guests per table (2 hour) limit
- 7+ guests per table (2.5 hour) limit
- Our patio tables (weather permitting), bar, and rail will remain open for walk-ins throughout the day.
- If you have any beer specific questions you can DM @armsbyalec on social media.
- For reservation concerns, or logistical issues, send an email to: email@example.com.