We know the state roll back of Covid restrictions on May 29th will bring about change, but that doesn’t mean the pandemic is over. The health & safety of our guests & employees is of the utmost importance to us at Armsby Abbey. Please do your part to abide by our revised general reservation guidelines now and in the future.
Vaccinations & Masks as of 5/29:
- We respect your decision on vaccination, and will not require or pursue any form of validation of vaccination status. That said, we expect all customers at Armsby Abbey to do the right thing. Be honorable. Act responsibly in choosing whether or not to wear a mask. Don’t be judgmental. Above all else, be kind. Please remember, you don’t know anyone else’s story; Covid-19 has taken so much, from so many.
- Masks will be optional for guests, but we do ask that those who are not fully vaccinated follow CDC guidelines and wear a mask when not drinking/eating or moving around the restaurant.
- While the vast majority of the staff at Armsby Abbey is fully vaccinated, masks will remain mandatory for all customer facing employees, and new hires who have not completed their vaccination process yet.
Reservation Guidelines Upon Booking:
- Stay home if you are sick, experiencing any Covid-19 like symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- Let us know 48 hours prior to your reservation if you need to modify or cancel.
- We will not hold your table for more than 15 minutes past your reservation time.
- Reservations of all sizes, including private parties, are once again permitted (as of 5/29)
- Reservations are no longer limited to a strict 90 minutes (as of 5/29)
Reservation Guidelines Upon Arrival:
- All patrons should only enter Armsby Abbey through the 144 Main Street entrance.
- Reservations will only be seated when all guests in the party have arrived.
- Information for at least one member of each party must remain on file for potential contact tracing purposes.
- If there is a wait for your table, and seats at the bar rail or the benches on the patio are available, you may wait there. Otherwise, we ask that all guests kindly wait away from the entrance or in your vehicle(s).
Reservation Guidelines While Dining:
- Tables should place their orders at the same time.
- If you have small children at your table, please maintain control; no running around.
- Please be mindful of those around you; fellow customers & our staff.
- Any customer disrespecting one another or our staff will promptly be removed from the premises.
- While most of us at Armsby Abbey are fully vaccinated, masks will remain mandatory for all customer facing employees, for new hires who have not completed their vaccination process, and for those who choose to continue masking up.
Bar Seating Updates as of 5/29:
- Hours of operation for the bar will be extended on Fridays & Saturdays until midnight.
- Guests no longer need to order food to get a drink – yay!
- There will now be 14 seats at the main bar and 10 seats at the bar rail
- Most seating for walk-ins at the bar will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- A limited amount of bar seats can be reserved in advance.
- No guests will be allowed to gather in the bar area; all guests must be seated to avoid overcrowding and general feelings of uneasiness.
- While the bar partitions will be removed, we will keep them readily available for guest requests.
Internal Covid-19 modifications and precautions Armsby Abbey has implemented to help keep you, our customers, safe.
Internal Safety Protocols & Adjustments as of 5/29:
- Our entire team has either been fully vaccinated, or has started their vaccination process, for Covid-19.
- All tables will remain distanced at 3-6 feet apart from one another.
- Table reservations are encouraged, but not required.
- Communal seating will not be utilized until we feel as a community, we are ready.
- Capacity restrictions will remain posted for the restrooms.
- Handwashing instructions will remain posted within restrooms and at each employee hand sink.
- Menus will be available via QR codes and/or reusable paper menus.
Dining Room Modifications:
- Installed two air purifiers which cycle clean air through the front & back dining room every 30 minutes.
- Mounted hands-free sanitizing stations throughout the dining room, points of entry, & restrooms.
- Lots of plants were added to help naturally purify the air throughout the dining room.
- All wall-mounted dining room tables are now free standing.
- Our host station has been modified to accommodate customer Covid-19 precautionary measures & takeaway orders.
- Outdoor sidewalk seating will be encouraged on fair weather days April thru November.
NOTE: Outdoor dining reservations can be called in 12-48 hours in advance only; they will not be offered online in advance.