Armsby Abbey featured on Brewpublic

Last summer my brother Mario reported on a spectacular New England destination known as Armsby Abbey. Located in downtown Worcester, Massachusetts, the Abbey features 22 taps of some of the finest beers on the planet. A nice mix of Northeastern and international taps, as well as nearly 200 bottle choices, it’s easy to understand why the Abbey has been crowned as Worcester’s best beer destination for 13 years running. On top of this, Armsby Abbey snatched honors for the city’s best new Restaurant, best chef, best beer selection, and best bartender in 2009.

Shortly after palating the jaw-dropping brews of Ebenezer’s Pub, Lion’s Pride, the Great Lost Bear, and Novare Res, we expected a healthy selection at Armsby Abbey, but were further enamored by the nearly two dozen pours from which to chose. Upon our visit we witnessed taps such as Stone Double Bastard, Allagash Confluence and White, Mikkeller East Kent Goldings, Cazneau Tournay De Noël, Founders Centennial IPA, Dogfish Head Burton Baton, Oskar Blues Gubna Imperial IPA, Victory Strangeways, Haand Bruggeriet Hesjeøl, Lost Abbey Red Barn, d’Achouffe Houblon Dobbelen, and Jolly Pumpkin Calabaza Blanca.

The friendly and knowledgeable staff of Armsby Abbey are happy to suggest a beer to the liking of just about any beer enthusiast. We were quite pleased to find this great pub with a relaxed ambiance. The next time you find yourself in Worcester, don’t pass up a chance to experience the world class Armsby Abbey.

(via http://brewpublic.com/places-to-drink-beer/armsby-abbey-great-beer-in-the-heart-of-massachusetts/)

7 Responses to “Armsby Abbey featured on Brewpublic”

1. jambear says:

Had a blast pre/post Furthur…..Thanks for having a cool place! Everyone enjoyed themselves….Keep the beljians flowing!

2. Jennifer says:

Armsby Abbey is my favorite restaurant. Great food and atmosphere and tasty drinks.

3. Grant says:

My brother and I stumbled upon this bar several years ago on a cross country motorcycle tour. Being from Portland,Or. where new brew pubs are constantly opening,this was a great find. Not only was the beer selection exceptional,the food was incredibly great. We still talk about Armsby Abbey as one of our great “finds” on our 5k adventure.

4. Ed McCormack says:

The wife, kids and I were in Worcester for a show at the Hanover. We were looking for a pub style place, which was family friendly. Armsby Abbey was all that and more. My daughter is a culinary student so we watch a lot of the cooking shows. that being said we, including the kids, are adventurous eaters, trying any new thing we can find. I ran in to look over the menu before deciding, and wow is all I can say. The menu features one thing: variety, in beers, in cheese, in different offerings. This night, our hostess, Christina, was doing double duty, as server as well. She was well informed about just about every item on the menu. I asked about different beers and she had the answer. We asked about the cheeses. She had the answer. We started with the charcuterie “slate” with the smoked beef tongue and head cheese served on a piece of actual slate with rustic bread pickled shallots, homemade pickles and grainy mustard. Truly fantastic. We also had the Iowa artisian cheese slate, served with rustic raisin bread, candied mixed nuts(made on site) and some local honey. This slate was really different, in a good way. It would have been great if I was drinking red wine. Instead, I had a flight of Belgian beers, which were all very different and perfect as I could not decide which one to have. The craft beer selection is huge. The list is on a blackboard as the choices change on a regular basis. The Armsby Abbey was a chance stop, but is a definite the next time we are in Worcester. Well worth the adventure.

5. armsbyabbey says:

Thanks for the compliments Ed! Looking forward to serving you the next time you find yourself in Worcester. Cheers!

6. Had a great brunch there and just posted about it: http://wp.me/p2SJwY-Oq. Can’t wait for our next road trip!

7. armsbyabbey says:

Glad you enjoyed our brunch! Thanks for the nice write up!